Sunday 13 May 2012

Sampling


Here i have been sampling using the imagery from the the research i have gathered.
On each of these I've used wool as a base then different fabrics layered on top of each other such as, suede, satin, cotton and cord.



Here I've used sequins and french knots 





On this sample I have used machine stitch to add the extra detail and left a raw edge




Here i have layered different fabrics together then used the hand embellisher which holds the fabrics together and get that distressed look


I've used a tight zig-zag stitch for the outline,it was quite fiddly to go over some of the more intricate edges and the finish wasn't as good as i hoped, however i liked the look of a raw edge better  and think it fits in well with my vintage recycled theme


layering fabrics loosely, with a raw edge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.